Color Me.... Italian
Sunday, August 05, 2007
  Some paper crafting
Since the flight this past weekend was cancelled, we have to try early this week. *crossing fingers* Today, we had thought about going to the beach, and that ended up not happening. I did get pretty much the whole day "off" as Tony took care of Carlee all day, and I even got to get some crafting done. I went upstairs and flipped through a whole stack of craft books. I had wanted to try a little bit of sewing, but talked myself out of it since I didn't want to try anything new when I'm already quite stressed, plus I didn't want to start a big project when we're (hopefully) leaving in a few days. So I flipped through a few more books, saw a picture of a decopaged bowl that held a candle, and knew I had the tissue paper to do it (what packrat doesn't have tissue paper?) and I had a plain glass decorative bowl that I meant to spruce up years ago. I ran and grabbed it, started cutting up my paper, and cut out some butterflies from some left over wrapping paper from Carlee's birthday (yes, I'm telling you, I save EVERYTHING.) haha. Anyway, here's how it turned out:

I'm quite pleased with it. :D It was a perfect holder for a candle.

Last week, I also got to make 2 sets of cards for a card swap. Again, I used some left over wrapping paper from Carlee's birthday party. I had fallen in love with the print (which was why I used it for her presents) and saved everything that was left over (stealing it back out of the wrapping paper trash pile after the party more than once LOL). Tony could not understand why I saved it until he saw my simple little cards:

I wish I had a scanner :( Oh well.... This one I love too. I used one of my favorite stamps and colored with color pencils (copying the design on the stamp.) I couldn't figure out what else to do with the background, because to me it looks a little plain with just the blue, but I didn't want it to take away from the girl either. Anywho... I only made one because it took forever to color. :D
So that's what I've been up to today. :D I also have a 2 carrot cakes cooling right now. One I'm taking to the MOMS Club lunch bunch tomorrow. I can't wait to taste it and see how it came out.

Oh, also amazingly, today was the first cloudy day so far this summer. It looked like it was almost going to rain. Almost. But didn't.

Labels: ,

 
Comments:
wow, you are so creative! The candle holders and the cards are really good!

two carrot cakes...hmmm? i've been craving carrot cake ;) you'll have to send me the recipe.
 
I bet you felt good after being crafty too! I always do. I get on a roll and don't even want to eat. The boys always make me though!
I save all that kinds of stuff too. It has a purpose! Or will someday! But I save trash as well. Like parking passes and stuff I find on the ground. It's for a collage.

You are way more ambitious than me. I'm like oh crap, I need to make something! What's in the kitchen that's easy? Good thing I way over grocery shop!
 
Thanks Angie :) Sent you the recipe btw.

Emy- I definately felt much better after getting to craft for a bit. I didn't feel as stressed, that's for sure. Since we're not going on our trip til later, when you're feeling better, I might take you up on that crafting night. :)

Talk to you two later. :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I'm just a girl... trying to be a good wife.. trying to be a good mom... trying to finish my degree... trying to adjust to living overseas for the first time... and always looking for new hobbies. :D

Name:
Location: Sicily, Italy
  • Carlee's Blog
  • Old Geocaching Blog
  • My Life as it was in Florida
  • Vive Le Vegan
  • Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom
  • Craft Junkie
  • California to Sicily
  • Paradise Failed
  • Suburbia Las Vegas
    Archives
    March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]