Color Me.... Italian
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
  Ta Da!
I didn't finish it time for the shower, but the day after. Oh well. I've decided to wait to give it to my friend, but I will still show you guys because I don't think she reads my blog anyway. Here it is:

I used a pattern out of the Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hookers book. I thought the design was too cute, and I loved the colors; they remind me of icecream. It was pretty easy for me too, nothing too tough. :D

This is my next project. My first attempt at changing yarn colors in the middle of a design instead of at the ends of rows. It took me a little bit to get the hang of it, plus it made it easier that it was pretty symmetrical. It's going to be a purse. It's also another pattern out of the Happy Hooker book. In other craftiness, I'm patiently awaiting an order of beginner sewing books from amazon and some too freakin cute reproduction of 50s fabric. I've been itching to learn to sew for a long time. My first attempt back in high school ended after only ten minutes of trying, because in that amount of time I managed to break 2 or 3 of my grandma's sewing machine needles. "How are you breaking these?" I remember her asking after running out of replacement needles.

"I'm just trying to sew this jeans purse," I said, not knowing that the sewing machine was not equipped with needles strong enough to sew through the demin, especially the seams and such. I didn't try again until I lived in Florida, and my grandma, while visiting, helped me make a little outfit for Carlee. Once I got here to Italy, I tried to make another of the same pattern, and instead of making the little bloomers I got a lopsided square of fabric somehow. :) But I'm ready to try again, this time with a pretty mom and daughter apron set.

Hopefully I'll do allright.

Labels: , ,

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I'm just a girl... trying to be a good wife.. trying to be a good mom... trying to finish my degree... trying to adjust to living overseas for the first time... and always looking for new hobbies. :D

Name:
Location: Sicily, Italy
  • Carlee's Blog
  • Old Geocaching Blog
  • My Life as it was in Florida
  • Vive Le Vegan
  • Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom
  • Craft Junkie
  • California to Sicily
  • Paradise Failed
  • Suburbia Las Vegas
    Archives
    March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]