Color Me.... Italian
Monday, January 22, 2007
  Matching Hats
This was the first hat I made for Carlee. I used the loom. It was a lot of fun. I think I made it a little small though, I should have kept adding more rows to the fuzzy part. I also made one for me so now Carlee and I match. lol.

The new little loom book that I bought is so much better at giving instructions than the little kit I bought for Christmas. This time was not nearly as hard as my leggings were, and it took about half the time. I was really looking foward to crafting while here in the states since everything is so available, but I've found that I'm a little overwhelmed. I'm not sure what exactly I want to work on, or what I should send home. My Grandma gave me some patterns, and we went to the fabric store I was so excited about going to.. and boy, it was huge. I didn't even know where to begin. I ended up not even buying anything yet, because I wasn't sure what to buy. They had so many unique prints, it was awesome. I'm planning on going back once I decide which patterns I want to attempt first.

I have started learning crochet. My Grandma had wanted to learn, so it's something we can do together while I'm here. I think I have the the first few basic stitches down, but the only thing I'm doing wrong is making them too tight. We're going to work on it today. We can't wait to get good at it so we can start making bigger things than just little potholders. :P

Labels: , ,

 
Comments:
Hey Sheena. How much longer are you there until? Hope you're having fun.

As far as what you should buy, I say tons and tons of Coats and Clark thread in white and black. A few other colors (primary colors, gray, tan, kelly green, and navy dungaree blue) maybe, but the white and black are what I use the most. I stocked up on elastics in different sizes, zippers in basic colors, marking pens and pencils, blades for my rotary cutter, cheap patterns (they often have them on sale for .99cents or 1.99), fat quarters, embroidery thread.
I also keep a lot of muslin in my stash. Its cheap and useful. Look for cheap cotton prints. You can make anything with cotton and it sews easier.
When I went home, it was completely overwhelming for me too. But in a good way. There's so much great stuff.
Let me know if you need help with anything once you get back. Or now, if you have any questions. I can try to help. Enjoy being in the states. My time there flew by and I miss it. :D
 
Thanks for the tips! I'm adding all that stuff to my list. I was just looking at a rotary cutter the other day too, and wasn't sure if it would make things easier or not. (for me anyway... this is someone who sucks with an xacto knife too. lol) My time here is already flying by. :( Let me know if you need anything! I'm going to be trying to get back at the end of February, hopefully it all goes well. See you soon!
 
You have more crafty in your little finger than I will ever have...LOL

Carlee is getting so big!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I'm just a girl... trying to be a good wife.. trying to be a good mom... trying to finish my degree... trying to adjust to living overseas for the first time... and always looking for new hobbies. :D

Name:
Location: Sicily, Italy
  • Carlee's Blog
  • Old Geocaching Blog
  • My Life as it was in Florida
  • Vive Le Vegan
  • Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom
  • Craft Junkie
  • California to Sicily
  • Paradise Failed
  • Suburbia Las Vegas
    Archives
    March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]