Color Me.... Italian
Saturday, November 10, 2007
  Apple Picking 10/06/07
Our first stop on our trip home was to Virginia, as we flew into Norfolk, and my grandparents (who live about 3 hours away) picked us up. Our first night in, we ate at this very good Thai restaurant, my first time eating at one. It was delicious! The next day was spent at a nearby farm picking apples.

We were still a bit jet lagged, but I wanted to do this day trip anyway. I wanted to see Carlee's reaction to the apple trees, since she loves apples. As soon as we arrived, I fell in love with the place. I wanted a farm lol. It was so beautiful out there. Carlee had a blast, and kept picking tiny apples. Apples that were perfect for her little hands. We ended up gathering two bags full, well, I say we, but I mostly took pictures. :) Once I find the brochure I have, I'll come back and add where the orchard is, and what not. Here are some pictures:

Carlee couldn't wait to eat the first apple she picked!

The average size of the apples Carlee picked:

My favorite picture: Grandpa trying to get the apple, Carlee trying to help,
and Grandma saying, "No, not that one... that one!" A view from the orchard:
Carlee trying to carry the bag of apples, she's so strong!

Labels: , ,

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I'm just a girl... trying to be a good wife.. trying to be a good mom... trying to finish my degree... trying to adjust to living overseas for the first time... and always looking for new hobbies. :D

Name:
Location: Sicily, Italy
  • Carlee's Blog
  • Old Geocaching Blog
  • My Life as it was in Florida
  • Vive Le Vegan
  • Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom
  • Craft Junkie
  • California to Sicily
  • Paradise Failed
  • Suburbia Las Vegas
    Archives
    March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]