Color Me.... Italian
Thursday, September 27, 2007
  sigh... test 1. and halo 3
So yesterday, after 2 weeks of constant nonstop being busy with all sorts of things, and having no time to study, and after having an emotional breakdown the night before (which of course ended in a call to my mom,) I had to take my first accounting 2 test. I got a 70. I'm glad that I passed, but so bummed I didn't do better. I had been doing so well on the homework assignments, I was understanding everything. Ugh. The test was 25 short answer questions though. That somewhat threw me off. Yeah, that sucked. I'll blame it on that.

Today, I've been trying to detail clean the house because tomorrow night Tony is having a Halo 3 birthday party. And while I'm cleaning one room, Carlee is right behind me in the last room making a complete disaster again. nice.

I had already ordered Tony Halo 3 for his birthday. But Amazon said it wasn't going to get here until the first week of October. It was supposed to come out at the NEX here on Tuesday. So, Tuesday he stopped by base, and the store said they didn't get it in. Tomorrow, they said.

Yesterday, we spent the entire day at base. Tony stood around the electronics department (along with a new friend) and patiently waited for some kind of fed ex box that would contain the uber game. It never came. (I was taking... err barely passing my test at this time.)

At 3 I headed over to the library to go to the writing club meeting. Turned out to only be 2 of us this week (and the lady in charge didn't go AGAIN.) But we read through our stuff, and I got some feedback on my stuff. Maybe I'll type it up and share.

3:45 I had to leave the meeting early because we had to drive to the Catania airport to pick up friends. I had to drive our car, while Tony drove our friends'. I was scared. I hate Catania's traffic, and my anxiety acting up didn't help.

Anyway, we made it back to base okay after taking friends' car to them. We ran by the NEX again, and they still hadn't gotten the game in yet. Tomorrow, they said. They said they might get in 12-20 copies. For a whole base. Full of Single Sailors. Who play video games. 12-20 copies of the most anticipated game. WTF? So... yeah.

Today, Tony was lucky enough to have to work at main base, so I got a call around lunch time, and heard his voice say, "I got it!" (they ended up getting a whopping 30 copies!!) I smiled and was glad since that meant he would be able to have his Halo 3 party he is so excited about. So, I should get back to straightening out the house. =D

Labels: ,

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I'm just a girl... trying to be a good wife.. trying to be a good mom... trying to finish my degree... trying to adjust to living overseas for the first time... and always looking for new hobbies. :D

Name:
Location: Sicily, Italy
  • Carlee's Blog
  • Old Geocaching Blog
  • My Life as it was in Florida
  • Vive Le Vegan
  • Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom
  • Craft Junkie
  • California to Sicily
  • Paradise Failed
  • Suburbia Las Vegas
    Archives
    March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]