Color Me.... Italian
Friday, August 31, 2007
  School is back in Session
I started up the fall semester. The day before class started I almost dropped my class. I looked through the lesson 1 notes, and read the teachers note that said: "Some steps are not shown. You should have mastered them in Accounting 2301. Finish the problem as you already know how, then answer the questions."

I suddenly doubted my comprehension of the first class, which actually, everything only came together in the very end, just in time for me to get a high enough grade on the final to bring my overall grade up to a b. What if that was a fluke? After a few minutes debating, Tony convinced me to stop second guessing myself. So I did.... well tried.

So, Accounting 2302, eh? I was also planning on taking Spanish 1 online as well, but that class filled up within 2 seconds of registration being open. Nice. I was really bummed, as it would set back my goal to finish by a year, since Span 1 is only offered online in fall, and Spanish 2 in the spring.

However!!! After talking to a CTC rep here in Sig, I found out that I could probably clep out of Spanish (once I brush up on it of course), OR I could take Italian at UMUC and have it transfer. He also informed me that the two classes I was going to have to wait til I got stateside to take (Busincess Calc, and a business computer class) are no longer required. All I need is one 4 s.h. credit computer class. Ummm... hello! Can you say Intro to Internet? or Intro to Word Processing? HAHAHAHA Awesome.

So I'm really excited as that means, if I clep out of foreign language, take an easy shmeezy computer class, all I have left after this semester is Eng. Lit and a science class (which will probably be astronomy). How awesome is that? I'm so close to finishing this Business Administration degree. Then I can start on my bachelors. I haven't decided what business major I want to go into for that, but I was leaning toward Accounting. We'll see.

I told a friend yesterday how close I was to finishing my associates, and she looked at me, and asked, "So what are you going to do with it?" I wanted to laugh (only because I thought she knew me better than that.) Honestly, I'm not doing anything with it for as long as I can. I want to be home with Carlee until..... (AND my wonderfully supporting husband completely agrees with me, and actually loves me being home) =D BUT I'm getting this 1.) because it's always something I wanted to accomplish whether or not I ever decide to majorly focus on a career and 2.) Just in case I ever do have to go get a job soon, my options will be improved greatly. 3.) Eventually, after Carlee gets old enough, I think I will find myself wanting a career (perhaps even my own business?) So, I'd rather get my schooling done now, instead of starting years later....

I already have a business concept brewing around in my head. So, after we get back to the states, once Carlee's in school, I am thinking of going to work in a related environment anyway. We'll see. I'm not saying anything yet though.... Maybe in a few years if I'm still blogging, I can look back at this post and tell you all about it.

Until then...
=P

Labels: , ,

 
Comments:
i can suggest one really great career!

...

...AH... ;) ;)
 
LMAO
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I'm just a girl... trying to be a good wife.. trying to be a good mom... trying to finish my degree... trying to adjust to living overseas for the first time... and always looking for new hobbies. :D

Name:
Location: Sicily, Italy
  • Carlee's Blog
  • Old Geocaching Blog
  • My Life as it was in Florida
  • Vive Le Vegan
  • Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom
  • Craft Junkie
  • California to Sicily
  • Paradise Failed
  • Suburbia Las Vegas
    Archives
    March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]