Color Me.... Italian
Thursday, August 23, 2007
  potty and food in one post??? wth.... =)
Today, we started potty training Carlee....
(I've been dreading this for so long)
But today I finally decided it was time to seriously start.
After 2 accidents, she got the idea that she was no longer in comfortable diapers, and started sitting on the potty. It took her a while to actually relax enough to go, but she did it!!! Hopefully, she'll want to continue using the potty after today.
I'm hoping that this means it will be fairly easy.
**Crossing fingers!!**

Not only was I excited about getting Carlee to use the potty, I was uber excited about dinner too. It took all afternoon, and a lot of work, and quite a bit of time to do all the wrapping.... but it was worth it!!!

For dinner, we had vegan lumpia. I used a recipe a friend has given me a while back, and altered it a bit. I used the fake meat crumbles instead of beef, and left out the egg that it called for. Minced carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and soy sauce also went into the "meat" mixture. *Thank goodness for food processors!* I used water instead of egg whites to close the wrap and amazingly it worked! So why use egg? I don't get it. Anyway, they came out really good. Tony was in heaven. I even had 18 that were left over, so I froze them so I can cook them later.

To top it off we had vegan brownies that were so rich and delicious. I used a recipe out of The Everyday Vegan by Dreena Burton. I just found out that she blogs too, Vive le Vegan, so of course I had to go leave her a comment. =) The brownies were really delicious. Tony said I had definitely found the way to his heart. haha.

It's days like today that I feel really accomplished.
=)

Labels: , ,

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I'm just a girl... trying to be a good wife.. trying to be a good mom... trying to finish my degree... trying to adjust to living overseas for the first time... and always looking for new hobbies. :D

Name:
Location: Sicily, Italy
  • Carlee's Blog
  • Old Geocaching Blog
  • My Life as it was in Florida
  • Vive Le Vegan
  • Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom
  • Craft Junkie
  • California to Sicily
  • Paradise Failed
  • Suburbia Las Vegas
    Archives
    March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]