Color Me.... Italian
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
  God Says...
In the movie Evan Almighty, God says (something along these lines), "When you pray for patience, do I give you patience or do I give you more opportunities to be patient? When you pray for courage, do I simply give you more courage or do I give you more opportunities to be courageous?"

How awesome of a movie line is that? It really hit me, as I am usually praying for patience... What stay at home parent of a tantrum throwing, attitude giving two year old doesn't? hah. It really made me think of it in a completely different perspective. I love it when movies can accomplish that. This was a really good movie too. I think I enjoyed it more than any movie I've seen in a long time. It's one of those wholesome family movies, but it's not corny or anything and is pretty funny. Carlee even liked it a lot since it had so many animals. If you haven't seen it, I fully recommend it. :)

Anyway, we watched that movie on Sunday on a whim. Sunday actually turned out really fun. Our friend who lives out in Motta (a town a good 45 minutes from here) needed a ride to base. So, since I was bored and quite frankly tired of being in the house, and TIRED of feeling like I wasn't even in Italy!!! I volunteered us, and told Tony we should go pick him up. So we did. I got to see his Italian house. I'm so jealous. Sometimes I wish we could live out in town. It's amazing to hear the Italian conversations, to hear the kids playing, to see the landlord's own garden. I was hoping to grab lunch out in town, but instead we had to head to base right away, so we got to eat at Applebees. yay..... so exciting. lol. Seriously though it was a lot of fun.

I ordered the veggie pizza making sure to ask for no cheese, and instead got a pizza with artichoke dip as the sauce (and I know it had some kind of cream in it.) Obviously, going vegan is going to take a lot of practice for me, and will also require getting over my not wanting to bother anyone. "Does this have milk? what about egg? cheese?" x 409 ... lol... Tony had it easy, he ordered a creamy chicken penne pasta dish sans chicken. He and Carlee enjoyed that very much.

On a family update note: Tony put in his new leave chit. We should find out by the end of the week whether or not it gets approved. If it does, we'll be coming home for the month of October. So cross your fingers... again. Just to let ya'll know, if this doesn't go through, we're gonna have to wait til spring probably. November and December leave is already out of the question, and besides mac flying during that time is pretty impossible. So... hope for the best!
=)

Labels: , , ,

 
Comments:
hmmm looks like i might wanna watch it ^_^
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I'm just a girl... trying to be a good wife.. trying to be a good mom... trying to finish my degree... trying to adjust to living overseas for the first time... and always looking for new hobbies. :D

Name:
Location: Sicily, Italy
  • Carlee's Blog
  • Old Geocaching Blog
  • My Life as it was in Florida
  • Vive Le Vegan
  • Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom
  • Craft Junkie
  • California to Sicily
  • Paradise Failed
  • Suburbia Las Vegas
    Archives
    March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]