Color Me.... Italian
Friday, August 03, 2007
  Acibonaccorsi Fireworks Show

Last night I took Carlee on an ITT trip with my friend K and her son. It was one of those on a whim trips, I bought the ticket the day before. I promise I'm really trying to get better at just doing things instead of overplanning lol... So we went. It was awesome, well what we got to see anyway. The description of the trip was,

"Firwork factories from all over Europe will participate in this competition! Bring folding chair and snacks. The fireworks are scheduled to start at 8:45 pm. Please be prepared for delays while waiting for the festivites to commence."

Well, we sat around in a good spot that our tour guide found for us, and waited and waited. Italian style is nothing is ever on time. lol... A few firework sets went off but they weren't the BIG ones we were waiting for. Finally at 10:45ish, (15 minutes before we were supposed to be back at the bus,) the first big show went off. The fireworks were HUGE. They filled your whole field of vision. They looked like they were right in your face! Some looked like there were meteors falling in the not too distant horizon. It was AWESOME. It was 10X better than our usual American fireworks. It was like American finales X 10 over and over and over!!! I wish Tony had been able to go, because then we could have walked around more, ate some great food, seen more of the sights, etc. But I just sat and waited, holding a sleeping child. lol. Carlee was actually scared with the first few sets that went off (and she even had earplugs in). Then on the last good one, she got into it, trying to say all the colors she saw.

Before the show started, Carlee and D were playing tag with Italian kids. It was so cute. It's amazing how to kids there's no language barrier, and they don't care about cultural differences, there's only PLAY and LAUGHTER. It was a great night. Here's a video of one of the first sets of fireworks. I didn't get the awesome one, because two big palm trees were in my way. Next year I'm getting the best seat since I know where to look now. :)
This was one of the first sets of fireworks. It was good, but the last one was even way better. I wish I had gotten video of the last one, but there was a palm tree right in my way, plus I was trying to keep Carlee excited about it. :)


You can see the rest of the pictures on snapfish HERE.

Labels:

 
Comments:
I didn't see the palm tree right away, lol. I was watching the video thinking the fireworks were all coming from the side?
 
LOL yeah I taped sideways to get more in the picture hahahah

the bigger show at the end was in a different spot, and I had two whole palm trees right in the middle of my view :( next year, I'll know better

:D
 
i wish i had gone! Les & I talked about it but it didn't happen. Now I know to go next year!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I'm just a girl... trying to be a good wife.. trying to be a good mom... trying to finish my degree... trying to adjust to living overseas for the first time... and always looking for new hobbies. :D

Name:
Location: Sicily, Italy
  • Carlee's Blog
  • Old Geocaching Blog
  • My Life as it was in Florida
  • Vive Le Vegan
  • Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom
  • Craft Junkie
  • California to Sicily
  • Paradise Failed
  • Suburbia Las Vegas
    Archives
    March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]