Color Me.... Italian
Saturday, June 16, 2007
  Executed Duckie and other various things...
You know, before we had Carlee, we had our cats to add some laughter to our lives. Then Carlee came and she added even more. Some days, there's an event that involves both cat and kid, such was the case today. When we came downstairs this morning, Carlee found this:

The poor annihilated duckie was funny enough to start my day, but Carlee's reaction was even more priceless. "OHH NOOO! DuGK! Oh NOOO MOMMY DUGK! Head! Dugk! Head!" She repeated the phrase while she diligently tried to place the head back on the duck. After several unsuccessful attempts she finally handed the pieces to me, and simply said, "Dugk. oww. head. yeah."

"You're right," I answered. "Looks like Dori got a hold of your duckie." She was happy with that answer I suppose because then she took off, and I took the duckie away with a smile on my face that I couldn't get rid of.

***

The tiramisu the other day was so delicious. oh. my. goodness. delicious. It just melted with sweetness and the vanilla flavored coffee that I used. It barely lasted the two days. I had originally planned on taking a small piece to friends, and Tony insisted that I didn't. He wanted to be selfish with it, and I let him. I even gave him the very last bite.

***

I am finally done with my geology course. I once again feel that release of stress and weight on my shoulders. I always feel that after finishing every class though. Tony thinks it's funny that I stress out so much about it, but I take my classes very seriously, and I want to do my very best. Once I'm done, though, the feeling of accomplishing something is worth it.

***

Yesterday I went to the market with my friend Angela, who I just found out blogs as well. She loves photography too, but she's much better than me. Her photos are gorgeous, AND she and her husband get to travel a lot more than we do. I'm jealous. :D

Anyway, we went to the Mineo market, and I was so happy to go. I really need to get out in the economy more often. Angela introduced me to her veggie vendor and when he offered his cheek, for a split second, I COMPLETELY forgot that they kiss on the cheeks. lol. I felt like such a DA. I recovered quickly though, and I think I played it off okay. hehe. I ended up buying 2 kilos (4.4 lbs) of ripe peaches for 1.50 euro, and 1/2 kilo (1.1 lb) of cherries for 1.25 euro. You can't beat that. I also found some gorgeous wool yarn that I'm looking foward to using in my next crochet project. I want to start going to the markets more often, and I promise I will take my camera, because I really want to share it with you guys. I love the market, people watching, and seeing all the wares. It's fun.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Labels: , , ,

 
Comments:
Cats have this way with toys, don't they? Ours goes crazy when there are balloons on a string floating in the house (but I imagine any cat would, eh?).

I can't wait to see the market pictures sometime. It is so neat to see your adventure in another country.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I'm just a girl... trying to be a good wife.. trying to be a good mom... trying to finish my degree... trying to adjust to living overseas for the first time... and always looking for new hobbies. :D

Name:
Location: Sicily, Italy
  • Carlee's Blog
  • Old Geocaching Blog
  • My Life as it was in Florida
  • Vive Le Vegan
  • Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom
  • Craft Junkie
  • California to Sicily
  • Paradise Failed
  • Suburbia Las Vegas
    Archives
    March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]