Color Me.... Italian
Thursday, May 10, 2007
  to balance my last negative post...
This is my latest project: I can't show the whole thing, because it's a gift. My first crocheted gift. :D I'm excited. I'm done with one part of it, and now I'm working on the second part. I'm so happy with my progress in crochet. My stitches are becoming very even, and I'm even getting the guage right for the pattern! To show you my improvement here's a picture of my current project, with one of my very first swatches. My stitches were always sooo tight I could barely get the hook through. Looking at it now, I'm amazed I didn't give up. :P
The other day ( a day I was supposed to use for studying) we ended up having to go to base (which as usual turned into a whole day thing.) On the way home, Tony wanted to stop by the plant place and bought 60 euro worth of plants for the front yard. They're really pretty, but the ants have already found them and are taking over. If they die, it will be really disappointing. Last year we tried the whole gardening thing, and planted our own flower seeds and bulbs, but nothing grew. So, this year, we opted for already grown flowers. I told Tony that if these die, that's it, we're getting rid of the little garden and just replanting grass. We're not spending that much to try again. lol. BUT if they live, then we'll go get a few more to fill in the front part.


This little guy is a trooper. We had a peach that went bad last fall. I told Tony to put the whole peach in a pot with dirt, and maybe it would grow. Well, the peach rotted, and it didn't seem like the seed started growing at all. So, Tony must of taken it out and just threw it in the garden. The other week, Tony noticed the little peach pit had sprouted! So we put it in its own little pot, and it's grown so much already. I think it's so cool.

Labels: ,

 
Comments:
Your garden looks pretty! It will stay alive as long as you keep it watered. And dead head. That makes a huge difference. The ants are bad in my garden too. I just try to spray them off as much as I can. I have dangerous poison but I can't bring myself to use it. Cale digs in that garden!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I'm just a girl... trying to be a good wife.. trying to be a good mom... trying to finish my degree... trying to adjust to living overseas for the first time... and always looking for new hobbies. :D

Name:
Location: Sicily, Italy
  • Carlee's Blog
  • Old Geocaching Blog
  • My Life as it was in Florida
  • Vive Le Vegan
  • Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom
  • Craft Junkie
  • California to Sicily
  • Paradise Failed
  • Suburbia Las Vegas
    Archives
    March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]