Color Me.... Italian
Sunday, December 31, 2006
  Finally.... I almost did them justice.
Almost. Tony even said they were good. Last night, I made my mom's enchiladas, and for the first time they came out pretty good. This was quite an accomplishment for me considering I've been trying for three years to make them on my own. Every time until last night they were a disaster. Finally doing this changed something in me last night. This dinner was always my mom's specialty, growing up we'd have her enchiladas all the time. We loved them. And before they were her's, they were her grandmother's, my great-grandmother's. And now I can make them, and that makes me feel so awesome. While I was making the enchilada sauce I had to call my mom for help really quick and found out I was supposed to also add salt to the sauce. After adding that, I took my time with it like I used to watch her do, letting it simmer, gradually getting the last few flour lumps out. And after a while, it finally was done cooking, and a little bit later the finished enchiladas were coming out of the oven. I can't wait to make them again already, lol, I can't wait to get them even closer to how my mom makes them.

So, our Christmas was awesome this year. I got a beautiful painting of the Virgin Mary and baby Jesus; it's hanging in the living room. Seeing Tony's face when he opened his present was one of the best parts. With my sister and soon to be b.i.l.'s help I was able to get Tony a Nintendo Wii. I had told Tony that they weren't able to get one, that the stores were all sold out. So, he was really surprised when he opened it. Carlee was the main event though. It was amazing to see her excitement with the presents. She even wanted to help unwrap ours lol. She loves all her new toys too. We got her a new kitchen playset. It has a stove, oven, and refridgerator, along with shelves of food, pots, pans, and spoons, etc. She loves it. She started playing pretend right away, without us even teaching her to. She "poured the milk" into a teacup, added some "ketchup," stirred it, and brought it to me. lol. It was the cutest thing.

I already have lots of ideas for Christmas next year, and I'm already really excited about it. Tony laughed at me for that. But honestly I can't wait!

Right now, I'm getting ready to go home for my sister's wedding. I'm excited to see everyone, and to see everyone's faces when they see Carlee. I only wish Tony would be able to come with but he can't. I'm looking foward to seeing my sister get married. I'm so happy for her. I'm glad I'll be able to make it there. I can't wait to go shopping too! and going to the craft store! I got a few craft books for Christmas and I can't wait to buy supplies that I need for them. One is a really cool knitting book, another an embroidery book, and I also got a loom knitting kit. I already made myself the striped leggings that the kit teaches you to do. It was so fun. I can't wait to get some more looms and patterns to do.

Well, I gotta figure out what we're gonna have for dinner... since there are no more leftovers from last night. :D
 
Comments:
I love enchiladas.
Christmas sure is great with kids. It was kind of pointless before Cale came along. It gets funner every year!
What books did you get? I bought myself some too. The NEX has had some decent ones lately!
Have fun in the states. Bring extra suitcases! We ran out of room and had to buy another.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I'm just a girl... trying to be a good wife.. trying to be a good mom... trying to finish my degree... trying to adjust to living overseas for the first time... and always looking for new hobbies. :D

Name:
Location: Sicily, Italy
  • Carlee's Blog
  • Old Geocaching Blog
  • My Life as it was in Florida
  • Vive Le Vegan
  • Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom
  • Craft Junkie
  • California to Sicily
  • Paradise Failed
  • Suburbia Las Vegas
    Archives
    March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]