Color Me.... Italian
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
  Computer Clean Up
Tony says it's my fault the laptop's memory is almost completely used up... and I mean completely. The last time we tried to run defrag it didn't even have enough open memory to do it. So, I'm cleaning up the files, deleting some, moving a lot over to the external hard drive... and guess what folders are taking the longest? Not mine.... nope, Tony's. This folder I'm working on is taking 15 minutes to move over... geez... So there.

This past week was good. Last Thursday I went out with friends to a couple of malls in Syracuse. That was a lot of fun. I didn't buy a lot though, which my friend G was teasing me about. But I'm still converting prices in my head. For example, if a shirt is 19.99 euro, I think in my head, "well, would I really pay 25+ dollars for this shirt? probably not....." so I don't get it. After shopping, we went out to eat, so that was fun.

Friday, I went out with a few mom's from the Mom's Club for a farewell dinner to one of the girls. That was fun as well, and I definately owed Tony for taking care of Carlee two nights in a row! lol... but it was nice to get out.

Saturday morning, we went to the Caltigerone market with our friends G and K. That was a blast. I wish I had taken my camera. I need to get a smaller one to take out though, there's too many people in a small area, it makes me nervous to have my camera out there. I was so excited when we got to the fresh food part. The fresh fruit is awesome, and the prices are SOOOO much cheaper than on base. One kilo of peaches is 1 euro, same for pears and apples. A kilo is 2.2 pounds!! That's almost half of what I would pay on base, if I bought fruit there, which I don't. Sometimes, the prices go up even more. I remember one week, when pineapples on base were 7.70 each. Geez!

We also heard from Tony's family. His grandma is getting better thank goodness. And should be released from the hospital. We were so relieved to hear that.

The file's done... more later.
 
Comments:
Are you getting any out of space errors, or virtual memory errors? If the errors are truly space related, move things to CD. And make a copy of the CD for backup. Problem solved! Memory is also pretty inexpensive, and easy to install in a laptop...

I'm glad Tony's Grandma is feeling better. It's hard when you're so far away to know family is ill.

What season is it in Italy? You're above the equator, so the seasons are the same as the US, right?
 
No errors were popping up yet... I just wanted to install and run some new programs, and had no room for them. I also have a bad habit of saving various stuff to the desktop.. pictures, recipes I don't want to lose, interesting quotes, tidbits, etc. lol... Anyway, it was just getting a little too unorganized, even for me, which says a lot! We're in the same seasons, though it definately doesn't feel like fall yet. I kind of can't wait for it to cool down, though I hear the fall here is super rainy...

We're so glad Tony's Grandma is doing better too. Thanks for all the positive thoughts. :)

Mom- Tony says Thanks. :D
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I'm just a girl... trying to be a good wife.. trying to be a good mom... trying to finish my degree... trying to adjust to living overseas for the first time... and always looking for new hobbies. :D

Name:
Location: Sicily, Italy
  • Carlee's Blog
  • Old Geocaching Blog
  • My Life as it was in Florida
  • Vive Le Vegan
  • Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom
  • Craft Junkie
  • California to Sicily
  • Paradise Failed
  • Suburbia Las Vegas
    Archives
    March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]