Color Me.... Italian
Monday, August 28, 2006
  Another Trip to Base
The trip to base can get boring... so we have weird conversations:
(Sheena puts in an old Avril cd.)
Tony: She's such an Alanis wannabe.
Sheena: Hmm... never noticed.
Tony: Whatever happened to her anyway? After she got married? She hasn't put anything else out.
Sheena: Yes, she did, but it's not like her old stuff. Now she's all in love.
Tony: She did? I never heard it. Avril?
Sheena: No, Alanis.
Tony: Oh. Why does everyone suck after getting married? Even Madonna did it.
Sheena: I'm tired of seeing Madonna in 80s gym clothes.
Tony: I know. She's what... 90 now?
...a few minutes go by...
(Sheena put in a Simple Plan cd)
Sheena: I was like this song back in highschool. I was friends with everyone, but didn't really fit in with anyone. I wasn't invited to parties and stuff.
Tony: Me niether.
Sheena: But at least you fit in with the percussionists.... Why do we only fit in with eachother?
Tony: I dunno. Your personality is like older than your age.
Sheena: I know.
Tony: Like, what are girls your age doing on the weekends?
Sheena: Drinking probably.
Tony: Exactly... and what were you doing last night?
Sheena: Cross Stitching...... Am I too old?
Tony: No, I like you just the way you are.

*isn't he just so sweet? haha. (I picked up a cross stitching project I started three years ago! Hopefully I'll get it finished... eventually...)

We were heading to base again.... This time I had a doctor appointment. Well, not just an appointment, a procedure. At my welcome to the island check up, the doctor suggested getting one of my moles removed. The edges were just a little irregular, and it was just a little bit bigger than what it should be. I didn't argue. So, today was the day. A few shots which stung like hell (but I just thought about having Carlee, so I handled it,) and in only a few minutes, I was done and stitched up. The complete procedure was done before my appointment was even scheduled to begin... and for Tony to get 6 stitches the other day at the ER took over 3 hours! I'm doing fine though. It only hurts a little, and tylenol takes care of that. Better safe than sorry to get it taken care of now.

This afternoon, I studied for one of my online classes! I started with Business 1301 first. Read the first chapter, and answered the chapter questions. Took me about an hour. It's going to take me a while to get back into the swing of school. By the end of the hour, I was tired of reading text book material already lol... and I had wanted to do the first chapter of my economics book too, but couldn't convince myself to do it yet. The classes seem like they're going to be okay. The Business class is more you better learn it yourself and make sure to pass the Midterm and Final Exams. While the Economics class is more structured with assigned quizzes and homework, chapter tests, and the exams. So, it will be interesting to do two classes with two different formats to them. But I'm still enthusiastic about it.

Tonight we worked on the yard for a while. We finally found a nursery near Nas 1 that everyone keeps telling us about. They have really good prices! We wish we had found them first before buying 5 Euro plants at Auchauns. Grrr.... Today, the biggest plant (and it's pretty big) was only 3.90 Euro, and my pretty pink flowers for the window sill were only 1.50 Euro! Woohoo! We spent 25 Euro all together on a bunch of flowers and 2 bags of soil! The guy said they should be getting more flowers and plants in the second week of September, so I'm sure we'll be going back.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I'm just a girl... trying to be a good wife.. trying to be a good mom... trying to finish my degree... trying to adjust to living overseas for the first time... and always looking for new hobbies. :D

Name:
Location: Sicily, Italy
  • Carlee's Blog
  • Old Geocaching Blog
  • My Life as it was in Florida
  • Vive Le Vegan
  • Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom
  • Craft Junkie
  • California to Sicily
  • Paradise Failed
  • Suburbia Las Vegas
    Archives
    March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]