Color Me.... Italian
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
  Duty Day
It always seemed that in Florida I usually wrote on Tony's duty days. Today's another duty day, but I hope to write more often now. Today went good. Carlee kept me busy. We even stopped by a friend's house to visit for a while. Carlee went to bed early tonight of all nights... There is nothing on tv... the whole 8 channels that we have.

Anyway, so I had originally wanted to write a lot about my experiences here, and I know I haven't done that too much. So my blog has remained not too interesting, I know... but whatever. So, here is something for you to look at. This is a flash and it's hilarious because everything in it is SO true! So go look.

Some things I've learned about Italians... They stare, it's not considered "rude" here, they're just curious so they're gonna keep looking... They are very loud, lol... the Italian firefighters here at our neighborhood take walks sometimes and listening to them talk, you would think they hate eachother and are fighting, but really they're just talking. They LOVE love babies, they will hold your child, give your child stuff, and possibly take your child out of the stroller without permission. (hasn't happen to me yet, but it did to a friend. The Italians love babies THAT much!) They do not waste space. Like the line example in the flash, if there is room, they'll take it. So, Americans who must have a personal space bubble will never get their order in anywhere. They go to driving school for 6 months to learn all the driving laws, get their licsense and immediatley disregard all laws. They speed and they will pass on a blind curve (in Sicily anyway, I hear it's worse here than anywhere else.) Italian time is even more behind than Island Time. Haha... But they are definately nice people.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I'm just a girl... trying to be a good wife.. trying to be a good mom... trying to finish my degree... trying to adjust to living overseas for the first time... and always looking for new hobbies. :D

Name:
Location: Sicily, Italy
  • Carlee's Blog
  • Old Geocaching Blog
  • My Life as it was in Florida
  • Vive Le Vegan
  • Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom
  • Craft Junkie
  • California to Sicily
  • Paradise Failed
  • Suburbia Las Vegas
    Archives
    March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]