Color Me.... Italian
Friday, April 07, 2006
  Religious Debate
Easter is coming... My friend K invited us to her community center's Easter egg hunt this Sunday. We have no idea what were going to do on Easter day though. We should go to Church. The other day, Hubby and I were discussing religion. We never accomplish anything through these discussions though.

I'm catholic, born and raised (a cradle Catholic I believe it's called.) Hubby, on the other hand, wasn't really raised with any religion in particular. So he's so skeptical of everything. He admitted he believes in God, but he still questions him. He wants proof. "How can you believe in your religion?" he asked.

"I just do."

"But hasn't the Church changed a lot of things?"

"Yes."

"Then how can you believe in that!?!"

"I just do," and my answer always frustrates him. I can't explain it to him. Even though I haven't been to Church in over a year, I still just believe. It's part of who I am, engrained into my soul, my beliefs, and it won't change. I know, because at one point I wasn't sure if I wanted to be Catholic anymore, and visited another church with a friend. I found out I couldn't change. I was still Catholic. It's who I am.

However, I'm a horrible example of a Catholic. I don't go to Church like I should, my marriage is still not recognized by the Church (so in Their eyes, I'm currently living in sin), my daughter still isn't baptized yet, I don't condemn gay people to hell (it's not my place to judge), and the list would probably go on and on if I was to continue sitting here and thinking about examples. So, strict Catholics would probably say that I'm not Catholic at all. But I'm not worried about what they think... they aren't the ones who live my life and they aren't the ones who will decide my fate when the day comes...
 
Comments:
--Is it to pray and worship or is only to be seen?--

so perfectly put... and I agree with everything else too.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I'm just a girl... trying to be a good wife.. trying to be a good mom... trying to finish my degree... trying to adjust to living overseas for the first time... and always looking for new hobbies. :D

Name:
Location: Sicily, Italy
  • Carlee's Blog
  • Old Geocaching Blog
  • My Life as it was in Florida
  • Vive Le Vegan
  • Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom
  • Craft Junkie
  • California to Sicily
  • Paradise Failed
  • Suburbia Las Vegas
    Archives
    March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]