Color Me.... Italian
Sunday, April 23, 2006
  my wisdom teeth are gone
Another duty day... it seems like I always write on hubby's duty days, doesn't it? Well, my surgery went fine. All of my wisdom teeth had already grown in and I had put up with them for quite a while, but it seems that paid off. Since they were easy to get to, apparently the surgery took only a few minutes. The dentist said it took longer to get the IV inserted, which I believe because that took forever. They had to try about eight times before finally getting it right. So, I was pretty much useless the rest of the day, passed out in the bedroom. I was so grateful that work gave Hubby two days off for me to recouperate and not have to worry about the baby. But now, I'm feeling alot better, just a little out of energy is all.

Friday was the ship's picnic day event thing. I was so thankful that I didn't get all "chipmunk" looking. So, I took the dose of vicadin I was allowed, and when that worked, we went. It was at a water park, minigolf, arcade kind of place. It was a lot of fun. The medicine didn't start wearing off until we were ready to go, and the baby was really well behaved. It was nice to get out.

Our friend A and her baby joined us since her hubby was on duty that day. It was fun to hang out. She's really involved with the navy wife stuff, and it made me think that I wish I had gotten into it for the two years I have been here. I didn't know where to go, or who to talk to. I think when we get to Italy I'm going to try to find out right away where to go to, and if there are meetings and such. I'd like to get more involved.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I'm just a girl... trying to be a good wife.. trying to be a good mom... trying to finish my degree... trying to adjust to living overseas for the first time... and always looking for new hobbies. :D

Name:
Location: Sicily, Italy
  • Carlee's Blog
  • Old Geocaching Blog
  • My Life as it was in Florida
  • Vive Le Vegan
  • Kitchen Ramblings from a Fairly Odd Tofu Mom
  • Craft Junkie
  • California to Sicily
  • Paradise Failed
  • Suburbia Las Vegas
    Archives
    March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 /


    Powered by Blogger

    Subscribe to
    Posts [Atom]